If applying for funding, please read the guidelines to see if you qualify. You must meet all of our guidelines in order to be eligible for funding.
Guidelines for Eligibility
1. The dog is a Samoyed requiring emergency medical treatment and is with it’s permanent owner.
2. A licensed veterinarian has assessed all injuries and ailments and this treating veterinarian will be available to speak to members of SamUrgency to discuss this dog’s prognosis, and will provide information on letterhead, at the request of SamUrgency.
3. You agree that at any time, SamUrgency has the right to request a second opinion on veterinary prognosis.
4. SamUrgency is a funding group set up to help in emergency situations, and will not pay for normal expenses, such as, but not limited to, neutering, vaccinations, grooming, heart worm medication. SamUrgency will review applications for emergency c-sections on a case-by-case basis and will only fund them if there are extenuating circumstances.
5. You understand that SamUrgency will only pay a percentage of the dog’s emergency medical expenses.
6. You understand that SamUrgency board reviews all applications on a case-by-case basis and that SamUrgency can turn down any application at our discretion.
7. The owners must be able to show veterinary proof that the dog has lived in North America for the proceeding 18 months. As much as we would love to be able to fund every Samoyed everywhere, that is not possible to do monetarily and still protect our assets.
8. You agree that by submitting an application, your information and photos may be shared for promotional purposes, including your name and your Samoyed’s name. (We will never share your address, phone, email address, etc.)
For dogs in need who do not qualify for assistance through SamUrgency, please visit the following website to explore several alternative funding possibilities: http://www.petdiabetes.net
Through a donation from Jim and Cathy Springer, SamUrgency established the Kachina Fund to provide financial assistance for medical expenses for Samoyeds. Our current guidelines are:
Minimum Veterinary Expenses for the Event must be over $1,000 in order to be considered
SamUrgency will provide funding up to 25% of the Event and up to a maximum of $1,000 total grant
In order for SamUrgency to begin the process of reviewing your request, we need to have the completed Application for Financial Assistance AND all veterinary documents, including the Veterinary Diagnosis and Cost Estimate form, copies of all Veterinary Receipts and a photo of your dog. While we do have an online application process we will need:
1. Scanned copies of all the vet bills submitted at the same time, and emailed under separate cover to email@example.com. Please make a concerted effort to create a PDF document for ease
2. We will also need a photograph of your dog for possible future publication on our website.
3. If we do not receive all paperwork (Veterinary Form, Receipts and pictures) within two weeks of receiving your Application, we will consider your application incomplete and will close it.
4. Please do not apply until you have all of the necessary documentation.
5. Applications must be submitted within two months of a procedure.
6. If you are considering another online funding opportunity such as GoFundMe, you may still apply to SamUrgency. However, do not apply for funding with us until you have completed your online funding.
7. SamUrgency reserves the right to turn down any applicant.
The review process can take up to 3 weeks after we receive ALL necessary documentation. We will contact you immediately after our Application Committee has determined the outcome of your Application. Upon approval, we will send you a check; we cut checks every two weeks.
Please be aware that it is impossible to help all applicants that apply, nor to pay 100% of a Samoyed’s medical treatment. A completed application DOES NOT guarantee that we will be able to donate funds. Funds are limited and we strive to make sure that we use the funds in the most reasonable way to make sure we can continue to help as many Samoyed owners as possible. While we believe that dogs of all breed are important, with our limited funds, we are only able to offer this program to Samoyeds.
We will contact you via email.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!